Thursday, December 18, 2014

Students' Pots

Yesterday the students from the Beginner's Throwing Class I taught at the Saskatoon Potters Guild picked up their pots. Here are some pots made by people who have never thrown before. I'm impressed and glad that they persevered. Learning to throw isn't easy. Thanks to the returning students who offered encouragement.


I derive a great deal of satisfaction from sharing my skills and helping people learn. Of course I always think I have the best students. Kudos to the class coordinators and technicians. 







The pots on top were glazed with a white glaze and then dots where applied using raspberry (a chrome-tin) glaze and spearmint from Mastering Cone Six Glazes.  Floating Blue, an old standby and very popular with the students, was applied to the pouring bowls.



Rhonda, whose plate is picture above has been taken a few classes before, has attained her goal of making plates. She made a sprig mold from a metal dragonfly magnet. Glazes on the plate are spearmint and shino.








No comments: